Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dear Roscoe, Thanks :)

Today I ran into one of my favorite professors of all time (haha all 3 quarters I've been in college).  He's the Social Justice director.  He asked me what my digital story was going to be for my social justice digital storytelling class, and I said it was going to be about my multicultural identity.  We talked about how it's something that I've struggled with and how different parts of my life have informed that struggle.

He said I was lucky to live in Hawaiʻi for half of my life because of how that affected my view of multiculturalism.

I thought about it, and he's right, although "blessed" may be a better word for it.

I was given a gift, and I have to use that gift to help other people understand, respect, appreciate, and embrace multiculturalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment